The Worship / Discipleship Pastor at First Baptist Church of Mulvane provides leadership, vision, and direction to the worship and discipleship ministry at First Baptist Church. He must be a creative, passionate visionary in leading people to God in worship. The Worship / Discipleship Pastor will be a team-builder with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to develop a long-term plan for growing the worship and discipleship ministries and inspire those around him to join in the pursuit of that vision. He must be a spiritually mature shepherd to the people of First Baptist Church, and a spiritual example in word and deed.
- Experienced a definite call of God to serve as a minister of Jesus Christ.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing personal relationship with Him.
- A Spirit-led life that exemplifies 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 and a willing spirit in the lifelong pursuit of sanctification.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
- Possessing the gifting needed to lead a robust music ministry spiritually, musically, and organizationally
- An understanding that the worship service is pastoral in nature – having a direct and formative impact on the congregation’s walk with Jesus Christ.
- An understanding of the elements of mix, dynamics, arrangement, roles of band members, working on harmonies with vocalists, etc.
- A willingness to lead and make disciples in accordance with First Baptist Church’s mission and vision statement
- Adhere to the Baptist Faith and Message, 2000
- Create and lead biblical, engaging worship in regular weekly services, special events, and outreaches – including music from all generations.
- Oversee, coordinate, and train all worship team members including singers, musicians, and sound/media team.
- Diligently recruit, train, and mentor vocalists, musicians, and sound/media team members to provide a visually and acoustically excellent worship experience.
- Pursue expertise in the church’s sound and worship technology in order to train and resource volunteers.
- Coordinate weekly rehearsals and other gatherings for worship.
- Oversee the maintenance and security of all musical equipment.
- Provide pastoral care and discipleship for the worship arts team.
- Prepare and submit a yearly budget for worship and discipleship ministry and operate within its confines.
- Oversee all media involved in the worship ministry including livestreaming, visual media projection, and other related technologies.
- Maintain and continually update the church’s communications through the website, social media, print, and other appropriate means.
- Ensure that First Baptist Church’s website and social media presence is engaging, informative, and current regarding events, announcements, and media for all church ministries, understanding that the website and social media platform is the first point of contact many visitors have with the church.
- Work alongside the Lead Pastor to oversee ministries for discipleship, training, and spiritual growth
- Continually help evaluate and measure the effectiveness of discipleship ministries
- Provide pastoral leadership for First Baptist Church’s connection ministries to support and develop leaders, maintain the health of life group & Sunday School ministry, and strategically plant new groups
- Ensure sound doctrine is maintained in all discipleship and worship environment.
- To work with the Pastor and staff to meet the needs of FBC Mulvane
- Able to Perform weddings, funerals, pastoral counseling, and preaching as needed
- Work as an administrative team member with the staff to accomplish the goals of the church
- Participate in staff development and fellowship.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.